Exploring beneath the surface of the Bay opens a whole new exciting world to explore. The ROV Engineer and Explore Program combines STEM concepts, teamwork, and Great Lakes career exploration into one awesome program. We can’t wait to see what your students build!
Please consider bookmarking this page as you prepare. You’ll find a checklist to help you get ready as well as supporting documents including directions, a letter for home, and other important information. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to our office at 231-271-3077 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROV Engineer and Explore Program Details Checklist
- Final payments are due 30 days prior to your trip. Contact our Program Coordinator to arrange any remaining payments.
- Return your signed contract if you haven’t already. Make sure the emergency contact section is complete.
- Double check that your date, time, and program selection are correct by visiting our website calendar. Your reservation should have your first name listed in the details.
- Send the Parent/Guardian letter home with students.
- Please note at this time Inland Seas does not have a pre-trip survey for the ROV program.
The week of your trip
- Share location and parking information for Discovery Pier, (on the right side of the document.)
- Be clear to students that weatherproof clothing is needed. Sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, are recommended for sunny days!
- Be clear to students that closed-toed shoes are required. Flip-flops are not permitted.
- Save our Program Coordinator’s phone number for day-of-trip questions or to notify us of late arrivals.
- Courtney Bierschbach, Program Coordinator – 231-271-3077
- Get excited! We can’t wait to see you!
- Have students complete the post-trip survey. Required if you received a scholarship.
- Share your thoughts with us by completing the Teacher Post-Trip Survey online or printing it here.
- Thank your sponsor! If you received a scholarship please send a thank you note(s) to our office. We’ll gladly pass them on to your supporters.
- Share your trip photos with us! We’d love to see the fun you had!
- Book your trip for next year or next season to ensure your favorite date is held.
- Set aside time for a post-trip reflection activity.
- Connect with us online. Please tag us at @iseaschoolship (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube) and @inlandseas (Twitter). We’d love to see and share your experience.
- Send a press release to your local paper about your trip and how it impacted you. If it’s published, please share it with us!