Sail the Great Lakes as a volunteer crew member aboard our 77’ schooner Inland Seas. Crew members are needed for Spring and Fall Schoolship programs as well as our general public programming during the summer. Programs range from two to four hours each and vary throughout the day. Training will begin in spring for interested individuals. No prior experience is needed.
As a crew member volunteer, you will:
· Work alongside the captain to provide safe programs on board the ship
· Interact with participants as they raise the anchor, hoist the sails, and enjoy the trip
· Maneuver on the deck of a moving vessel in any weather
· Ascend and descend ladders
· Need to lift at least 50 pounds
· Be expected to pass a criminal background check and Department of Transportation drug screen
If you are interested in becoming a crew member volunteer or have any questions, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Juliana Lisuk at (231) 271-3077 ext. 104 or email@example.com.