Sail the high seas as a volunteer crewmember aboard our 77’ schooner Inland Seas. Crewmembers are needed for our Spring and Fall Schoolship programs as well as our general public programming during the summer. Programs range from two to four hours each and vary throughout the day. A five-week training series will begin March 17, 2016 for interested individuals. No prior experience is needed.
As a crewmember volunteer, you will:
· Work alongside the captain to provide safe programs onboard the ship
· Interact with participants as they raise the anchor, hoist the sails, and enjoy the trip
· Maneuver on the deck of a moving vessel in any weather
· Ascend and descend ladders
· Need to lift at least 50 pounds
· Be expected to pass a criminal background check and Department of Transportation drug screen
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, contact Tom Maynard, email@example.com, or (231) 271-3077.