We’re so glad you’re going to be sailing with us this next season. The Traditional and NextGen programs are so exciting. We know your students are going to enjoy their sail. Please consider bookmarking this page as you prepare. You’ll find a checklist to help you get ready as well as supporting documents including the manifest, log books, surveys, and notes for chaperones and parents. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to our office at 231-271-3077 or email@example.com.
Traditional and NextGen Checklist
- Final payments are due 30 days prior to your trip. Contact our Program Coordinator to arrange any remaining payments.
- Return your signed contract if you haven’t already. Make sure the emergency contact section is complete.
- Double check that your date, time, and program selection are correct by visiting our website calendar. Your reservation should have your first name listed in the details.
- Send the Parent/Guardian letter home with students.
- Plan a pre-trip activity. Visit our resources here for inspiration and ideas.
- Divide your class into five study groups and complete the Schoolship Manifest with first and last names of every student and adult. This document MUST be submitted (email or fax 231-271-3088) to our office by TUESDAY the week before you sail with us. It is a US Coast Guard required document.
- Have each student complete the Pre-Trip Survey. Don’t forget if you’re receiving a scholarship – this is required. PDF available upon request.
The week of your trip
- Share location and parking information for the location(s) you’ll be visiting with your driver(s). Remember we use three ships in TWO separate locations.
- Be clear to students that warm and weatherproof clothing is needed. We will sail even if it’s rainy!
- Positive attitudes go a long way, and ISEA has additional rain gear for everyone if needed.
- Save our Program Coordinator’s phone number for day of trip questions or to notify us of late arrivals.
- Courtney Bierschbach, Program Coordinator – 231-271-3077
- Have your class watch the Pre-boarding Safety Instruction Video.
- We’ve got you covered. We’ll make color-coded nametags for everyone on the manifest.
- Optional – Print your logbooks!
- Get excited! We can’t wait to see you!
- Have students complete the Post Trip Survey. Required if receiving a scholarship. PDF available upon request.
- Grade us! Fill out and return the Teacher Post-Trip Survey online or print it here.
- Please consider sending thank you cards to our crew, instructors, and volunteers.
- Thank your sponsor! If you received a scholarship please send a thank you note(s) to our office. We’ll gladly pass them on to your supporters.
- Check out our Flickr for your class photo. Posted 1-2 weeks after you sail with us.
- Book your trip for next year or next season to ensure your favorite date is held.
- Set aside time for a post-trip reflection activity.
- Connect with us online. Please tag us at @iseaschoolship (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube) and @inlandseas (Twitter). We’d love to see and share your experience.
- Send a press release to your local paper about your trip and how it impacted you. If it’s published, please share it with us!